|Keep in mind that the Tier List is an opinion based list. There is no official Tier List available by the Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle game developers.|
This is a collection of all the Tier List. Each Tier List an be edited seperately.
|Required templates: Tier List, Changelog and Tier List Nav. Please read the instructions before editing.|
The Tier List is a list which ranks units on their importance, effect, and relevance in the current meta of the game.
There are multiple team types in the game and therefore multiple tier lists. The teams currently with a tier list are Super/Extreme of 'Color' types, Super/Extreme in general, and Category teams. Mono teams such as AGL have fallen out of use in the meta.
Units will fall into 6 different tiers:
- S Tier (max 12 units) is for the units at the top of their class. They are excellent additions and in some cases, optimal. This includes practically all of the leader units for that type and/or Category. (Super & Extreme Rainbow list max 15 units)
- A Tier (max 20 units) is the tier right below. Units in this rank are nice additions to their respective teams, and will generally assist in the building of a good team. They may suffer from a few drawbacks but are otherwise solid.
- B Tier (max 35 units) is for filler units. They suffer from several things which prevent them from ascending higher but can be used until better units are obtained.
- C Tier (max 50 units) is for units that suffer many drawbacks and lack a place on their team, and are only usable if you have no one else.
- Supports Tier (S Tier: max 2 units, A & B Tier: max 4 units): Support units that may deserve an S, A or B Tier position but aren't on the overal Tier.
- Honorable Mentions Tier (max 10 units) is not necessarily worse than C Tier. It is reserved for cards that have some useful mechanic or specific use for some situations despite not benefiting under the unit's leader skills.
- It can be used for cards that don't fit the type/Category of that list but have traits that either support the team or synergizes very well with either the main leader or other top tier units, sometimes better than cards that are of that type/Category.
- They benefit from the inferior secondary leader skill of the ideal leader. It should be noted that just because you can list them under their secondary leader skill doesn't mean that you can add every units there. Adding nothing but hard hitters that doesn't synergize with most of the team derails the list as it would often revolve around supporting them instead, which hinders team-building on the intended tier list.
- It can also be used for Global-first units/EZA/categories that have yet to be released on the JP server or units whose passive is better on one server whose category hasn't been added to their server.
Units are ranked from a general standpoint. The "usefulness" of a unit may vary from player to player based on their collection of units. Additionally, units are not just ranked by their damage output. Features like tanking and support for other cards are considered as well.
When adding a unit that is in multiple lists (as is true for many Category cards), be sure to change the description of the character to one that reflects its role in that specific list. Don't just copy a description about its original role in the other list(s).